since i got here the water has been pretty sketchy. it turns off and back on again frequently. and more often than not, one of them is not working. today, however, is the first full day that i have been without water.
i survived my first week of school. things went very well and i love all of the kids. they are so darling and mischievous. i am trying to learn a bit of basic zulu so i can communicate with them better. i was practicing some outside of my house today and some first graders came over to help me! they are so sweet. :)
and, the absolute HIGHLIGHT of the day:
an early birthday card from mel!!!!
Mel and those TEAR-ENDUCING cards!
ReplyDeleteYou should teach me some Zulu when I come back to visit. :)
Bex??? Are you going to S. Africa?? And I actually can't believe that card made it there so soon! I'll have to send a package soon! Ah, and mom said a package with 'weird content' was floating your way....random items for the kiddos I'm assuming... :) Now....is there anything specific you'd want from home? I miss you! I'm. Glad you're so at home there!
ReplyDeletemoms is sending me a package full of "weird content"?? bahahahah!!! i wish i had brought more clothes!! but i will just buy some here and leave them. i actually have everything i need :)
ReplyDeleteand yeah, bex, what is this??!!! dropping it casually on blogster that you are planning a visit to s.a??
Gah! I think I've cried at every card Mel has ever given me!
ReplyDeletei think EVERYONE has cried at every card mel has given!! although, i somehow held it together quite well. i think because she was "rushed" and had to keep it "short" aka there was a spare inch of blank space :)
ReplyDeletebaha! now... i am not anywhere close to a s.a. visit in the works! (i wish...) i MEAN when maw returns stateside. all of this hubub for nothing!
ReplyDelete